As the saying goes, a tidy house is a tidy mind and there is no better time to sort out your home than in the summer whilst the sun is out.
Putting some life back into rooms can help sell your property faster, so here are our Tuesday Tips to get creative with your property.
- A lick of paint is a great way to breathe new life into a tired room. Adding a new coat to existing colours instantly refreshes, or if you’re in the mood for a change, a bright new feature wall in a bold hue can really revive a dull space.
- Never underestimate the power of good old elbow grease! An annual spring (or summer) clean is good for the home and can give it a new lease of life without costing a penny.
- One of the easiest ways to update a room is with new soft furnishings. Chucking a luxurious throw over an old sofa and scattering cushions in a range of cosy textures will give your room a whole new focal point. New bedding and lampshades can give a bedroom an instant makeover with minimum spend, whilst a new rug is a great way to hide faded or stained floors without forking out for full carpet and fitting costs.
- Scope out second-hand steals in charity shops and online. From mirrors to mugtrees, photo frames to footstools, tables to towel rails, there is a wealth of unwanted homewares going for next to nothing out there. Upcycling is a rewarding way of turning an old item into something funky and unique!
- Give old furniture a facelift. Whether your own furniture is getting worn down or you’ve snapped up a charity shop bargain, there is a huge range of tutorials out there for transforming old pieces into bespoke new ones that fit perfectly with your space.
- Replacing all of your small hardware such as light switches, socket plates and door handles seems like a small change but can make a huge difference to your home. You will be able to find new components to suit all budgets at your local hardware store.
- Get creative with photos, postcards and artwork to hang up in your home. There are fantastic wall hangings and canvases available to buy that can instantly add character to a room.
- Fitting a new bathroom can be an expensive task, however give your bathroom a lift with new accessories. There is a wide range of quirky and stylish bathroom pieces available that can give the same impact as a whole new suite.
- An easy way of giving the impression of a new kitchen without actually forking out for one is by replacing cabinet doors or painting the existing ones. Also small details such as changing door handles, getting new crockery or changing the flooring can give the place an instant lift.